Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blog Intro Redux

I started this blog in an attempt to reclaim parts of my brain that had been subsumed by the corporate collective.  I failed.  I started this in 2007 over a great vacation in Brussels.  I posted for about a month and got wrapped up in work again.  So, we have the grand, errr... re-opening, re-launching, revision... something that probably starts with re, but could use any other combinations of letters available.  I'm still after the same things and the same goals.  Hopefully this time the desire to write will stay with me and my muse won't wander off for an extended coffee break.  

What's this small parcel of cyberspace all about?  In short, it's one man's struggle to reclaim part of his brainscape from a strong workaholic tendency.  It is the product of a realization that my writing style has been reduced to bullet points.  One shot, one kill; one bullet, one solution.  It hit while I was exchanging emails with an old friend and I suddenly realized that I was thinking in quick, clear, concise bits of information.  Not the free flow of stream of consciousness. nor measured discourse of debate, but the sniper shots of targeted corporate communication.  This is not really about a writing style, but rather the brain driving it.  Focus is a gift and a curse.  The ability to channel your mind to concentrate on a single thing, to bring all that... ehem... firepower, if you will, to bear is awe inspiring.  It is also frightening in some ways.  So what you will read here is an attempt to diffuse the laser sharp focus that represents my current life into a broad range of things.  

What will you read?  Good question, and one that doesn't have a complete answer; however, there are certainly things you will not read here.  This is not about my life except in peripherial.  You won't find discussions of my innermost feelings or what I'm doing "right now."  This is not a private journal set on public display.  You'll probably find amusing annecdotes from time to time.  Whimsical pieces every once in a while since life is very funny, especially in hindsight.  You'll also see reviews of restaurants, recipes, wines, coffee, gadgets, and such.  That will make up the bulk of material.  There might be a rambling (and therefore probably boring) discourse on a news article or topic, but that isn't a focus here.  The idea is passion and creativity melded and blended and thrown at the (electronic) page to see what it looks like.  Watch out! The ink is flying everywhere.

No comments: